Since 2002 Huw has been involved in some of the UK’s first, largest and most prestigious GSHP and DES projects. He now works globally from his desk in Pontevedra in Galicia, Northern Spain.
With more than two decades of regulatory and industry experience, and now as director of Agua Enodo, Huw is able to devote his time to researching, modelling and designing Open Loop GSHP systems by collaborating and sub-consulting to the Geothermal Industry.
Hailing from Cornwall and with a passion for environmental sustainability, Huw has travelled the world with his work, living for over 10 years in New Zealand and Australia. He has been repeatedly called upon by the same clients and project managers who want to know their GSHP and DES projects are in safe hands, wherever they or their projects are based.
Huw’s experience and highlights includes:
- Hands on experience of applying GSHP technology to many DES applications from District Heat Networks to Distributed 5th Generation DES;
- Deep basin coupled groundwater flow and heat transport modelling;
- Groundwater modelling in deep fractured reservoirs requiring phase-change analysis;
- Groundwater modelling for the extractive industries including permafrost and fluid groundwater interaction for one of the world’s largest green-field gold mine sites;
- Groundwater depressurisation and pore pressure analysis for Rio Tinto’s largest block-cave mine;
- Project management of deep drilling and resource estimation for many of Australia’s largest unconventional gas and oil and gas reserves and operations;
- Groundwater and environmental impact assessments for Open Loop GSHP projects;
- Managed Aquifer Recharge (MAR) in both shallow aquifer and deep fractured basins for treated water and brine management;
- Groundwater resource and supply projects; and
- Groundwater assessments from site investigation to drawdown and settlement analysis for the mining, civil and infrastructure industries including road tunnelling and deep basement design.
Huw’s success is based on his commitment to a hands-on approach, which is key to the success of the service Huw provides.
Through industry experience Huw has been able to specialise in his field and from the outset of a project, roll up his sleeves and get stuck into the hydrogeology.
Through collaboration and partnerships, he is able to concentrate his focus on delivering high quality, in-depth analysis providing hydrogeological services and advice.
Huw’s role in your project will be:
- Single point of contact for open, timely and effective communication between Agua Enodo and the project team;
- Timely control of project milestones and deliverables; and
- Accountability for achieving and exceeding project objectives and client expectations